15 June 2016

Blackberry muffins from BBC Good food (Bakes & Cakes)













Long  time I wanted to make a post about a recipe of these cook books.
A friend of times ago , James organized a fun event to exchange books, and I am grateful that he  included me.
Then Sam Gould  of England  sent me these two books of English cuisine and I send a book of Chilean food here.
Here is really difficult find english  cook books .

Sam          I want you know I really enjoyed these books just had not taken  photos to recipes. 
Finally I took pictures in this recipe for  these blackberry muffins .
Delicious and  I love blackberries.
Thank you Sam, thank you very much James. 




Source : BBC Good food  "Bakes & Cakes"







Ingredients


85 grams butter melted plus extra for greasing
400 grams (14 oz) plain flour
75 grams (6 oz) caster sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 orange finely grated zest
1/2 tsp salt
284 ml  buttermilk or greek yogurt
2 eggs beaten
250 grams blackberries



Method

Heat oven to 180 °C (370 °F)

Butter a 12 hole muffin tin. In a large bowl,combine the flour,sugar, baking powder, zest and salt.

In a separate bowl mix together the greek yogurt or buttermilk, eggs and melted butter.
Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the greek yogurt mixture.
Stir until the ingredients are just combined and the mixture is quite stiff, but be careful not to overmix.
 Lightly fold in the blackberries, then spoon the mixture into the tins to to fill the holes generously.

Bake for  20 minutes until risen and pale golden on top.
Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes, as the muffins are quite delicate when hot. Run a palette knife around the edge of the muffins and carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool.



Print recipe here


























en español

Muffins de moras (receta de BBC Good food)























78 comments:

  1. what a delicious muffin ! Un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazingly golden brown and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gloria. I am so sorry for the long absence! I have been so busy, but trying to keep up with everyone here as well. Yummy looking muffins! I love blueberries!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris Im so happy to see you again !!
      The other day I was thinking about you !
      Of course you are welcome again !!
      Hope all are home are doing well !!
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. So yummy, Gloria! I may need to make a batch for my girlfriends! Otherwise, I'd eat them all myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. assolutamente deliziosi questi muffins Gloria :) che meraviglia sarebbe trovarli a colazione. un abbraccio, buona serata

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie Fede, un abbraccio per te cara!xoxo

      Delete
  6. Woo hoo, Gloria! I love love blueberries and love it when you post recipes including them. I have to make these and thank you for the recipe! Take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amo le more e i muffin :)
    Deliziosi!!!!
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look great..the muffins and the books:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sure looks like you put the books to great use indeed at your feed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gloria, I love blackberry muffins too! They're had to find at any local bakeries but now I'm inspired buy some blackberries and try our hand at making these treats... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David what kind are you always :)
      Hugs !!!

      Delete
  11. Those look delicious! I want one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Gloria:)
    What a sweet story you have shared today not to mention some really delicious looking muffins! I really need to cook with balckberries more often. They are so delectable and wonderful in muffins.

    Thank you so much for sharing, dear Gloria...Thank you so much for linking to Cookbook Wednesday. I had a problem too but the link is now fixed and looks GREAT!!!

    I'm delighted to hear you will be joining us for the Picnic Game. I know you already have letters in mind but would you mind waiting until International Picnic Day, Saturday June 18th and leaving a comment for your letter. That's when everyone else will be choosing too. Thanks Gloria:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok Louise I thought we all have to let the letter sorry. Now I know I have to wait. Thanks and hugssss !

      Delete
    2. Ahh Louise Im worry by you.
      I know by your daugther you are sick hope you feel better soon.hugss

      Delete
  13. Hi Gloria, love these blackberry cupcakes, our blackberries will be ripe in a few months. Saving this recipe ffor then. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never tried blackberry muffins. They sound and look great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. deliziosi questi muffin!
    baci
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  16. Buonissimi Gloria!! Che delizia questi muffin. Piacciono sempre!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yummy n delicious muffins.....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They look perfect and I love that dish you have them in. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks good Gloria, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Belli e golosi, brava Gloria!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These muffins look amazing, Gloria, and I love the Alice teapot in your header as well. A big hug.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. These look very nice Gloria.
    I do like blackberries and blueberries too!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Isn't it nice to have cookbooks from other countries. Your blackberry muffins sound like a nice treat with a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fun book exchange. I am sure it is interesting to read and use cookbooks from other countries! These blackberry muffins sound tasty. I have never had them before. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I love books.All books.
      And love cookbooks .
      Thanks Jess

      Delete
  25. What a fun idea to do a cookbook exchange. It looks like you found a winner in yours with this delicious recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love, love, love BBC GoodFood and The Great British Bake Off, kind of stuff. These are the best ever, in all the land, recipes.

    Happy Eating :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried any of Mary Berry's Bakes yet or Paul Hollywood's bread?

      Delete
  27. Che bella presentazione per questi deliziosi muffin, troppo buoni con le more che mi piacciono tanto!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a wonderful idea to exchange cookbooks! I know I would love these muffins very much :) Hugs, Gloria xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. yum! the muffins look amazing! I'm totally gonna do it

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ma che golosi questi muffins e quel libro deve essere pieno di golosità!

    ReplyDelete
  31. c'est très joli et délicieux
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  32. A cookbook exchange is a fun idea! I love blackberries but have never had blackberry muffins. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Dear Gloria, I love blackberries and whenever I find them in stores or at the market I will buy some and I love baking with them too. So, I will definitely have to try out this very Britsih recipe that you chose to feature today - it looks awesome!
    Thank you for all your inspirations,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted