20 October 2017

Everyday Pear Cake (Mimi Thorrison) (Cake de peras)




When I was looking for this recipe Mimi say "A lot of my cooking is based on abundance, on what's most in season"

Sometimes happens me, I choose my recipes when I have a lot of someones or really ripe  fruits .

I made this pear cake with some pears really ripe and waiting by new fruits in this new spring ...


Source : French country cooking by Mimi Thorrison



Azahar Orange tree







Ingredients


3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar 
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup cornflour (cornstarch)
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons butter, melted
4 to 5 ripe medium pears 
peeled and cut into chunks
Icing sugar for serving

Method

Preheat oven to 350° F (180°C) Li8ne the bottom 23 cm springform tin with baking parchment.

In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and granulated sugar until light in colour aand fluffy.
In a medium bowl sift together the flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt. Whisk into the egg mixture, followed by the vanilla and melted butter Fold in the pears with their juices.

Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake until golden and a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
Cool in the tin on a wire rack about 8 minutes before tuning out and peeling away the parchment.
Serve warm or at room temperature sprinkled with icing sugar.

I garnish with azahar flowers because I love them but you can use only the icing sugar.



print recipe here











En español
Cake de peras para todos los dias















71 comments:

  1. Wish I could have a slice now. The cake looks beautiful, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Angie thanks so much and I would be happy we can share this cake with some tea :)

      Delete
  2. It's been a long time since I've eaten a pear. No particular reason why, I just haven't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pears ! Fortunately I can find here almost around the year

      Delete
  3. Love pears and this looks like a welcome addition to my 'in season' cookery file. Yum yum. have a good weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane !! Hope you have a lovely weekend too!

      Delete
  4. Thanks Ivy ! how are you doing ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cake sounds really delicious - I love simple and everyday recipes like this. And I love the plate you used to serve the cake, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow che meraviglia questa torta, soffice e profumata :)
    Un bacio.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When ripe as can be it can sure make it that much better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks lovely ... and I also like the blooms of the Azahar Orange tree.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gloria, I've never had a pear cake but its a great idea... I love moist cakes and I love pears so this cake has to be a winner! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  10. you would like David Mimi Morrison has amazing recipes with fruits and she loves pears too. The amazing is she live in the countryside of France and has a beauty story wuth the house where she lives. I have 2 books of her and really enjoy reading her recipes .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these kind of kind of cakes and they are perfect for an afternoon tea or breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deliziosa questa torta. Buona giornata Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do my recipes based on seasonal fruit too. This cake sounds amazing. I'd gobble it right up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Theresa is a really delicious cake !I love pears !

      Delete
  14. wow!! buonissima!! e ottima presentazione :)) buon weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...afternoon tea will never be the same again!
    This is WONDERFUL!! :))

    Have a Fabulous Weekend, dearest Gloria...

    and Much Love & Hugs xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cake. Beautiful cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks wonderful, Gloria! I wish it was spring here!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. tout simplement délicieux
    bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  19. adoro le torte di pere, questa tua è splendida ! Buona settimana Gloria, un abbraccio !

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really wish I could have a slice now... the cake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anche io faccio come te, preparo le torte in base a quello che ho al momento. ottima con le pere, perfetta per la colazione

    ReplyDelete
  22. Delicious and yummy Gloria ~ Hope you are well ~

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello my dear...
    Gorgeous photos...gorgeous food...just lovely!!
    Hope you and yours are well...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love pear cake- but have never tried to make it. Sounds so tasty! Beautiful pictures too. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a pretty cake! Are you enjoying her book?

    ReplyDelete
  26. thanks Betty. Absolutely love her recipes!I have two books of her : wonderful !xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great looking pear cake, Gloria! And I love those green plates! Thanks for sharing. Off now to look at her cookbook. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! You will love her book has amazing french recipes!

      Delete
  28. I love everyday cakes! This is so easy to prepare and so delicious for sure. Pears are fab in cakes. Brava Gloria!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Che meraviglia, quanto sono buone le pere nelle torte!!!
    Baci

    ReplyDelete
  30. UNa fettina ora sarebbe perfetta!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks by stopping by you are welcome here.

NO SPAMS and ADS and Im not interested
And I dont like ads and I dont want them on my recipes. Thanks
All them will be deleted